How to Fix When Roku Remote Not Working?
By Roku Support
Date : Sep 13, 2018
Views : 343
Comments : 0
Category : Roku technical support
Roku is a video streaming device that allows users to watch tons of different streaming channels online. It can be directly connected to your tv through a HDMI port. It uses your internet connection to stream your favourite movies and T.V shows. If the roku is connected to internet and you have completed its setup, you can avail services of various channels like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Spotify and many more.
Once the roku is streaming video channels online, it can be managed using a Roku remote that uses two AA batteries. You just have to pair your roku remote with your T.V to access various video streaming channels. All you gotta do is press and hold the Pairing button in the roku remote for about 3 seconds and wait for sometime until the Roku finally pairs with your remote. In case your roku remote is not working we will give clarification on how to fix this issue. You can also avail the services of customer support by contacting well trained professionals on Roku tech support number in case you have any kind of issues with your roku device. In our content, we will be talking about how to fix your roku remote when it’s not working.
Before we move any further and assist you with any possible solutions, we want to tell the readers that the roku streaming device comes with two types of remote control. One is the Standard IR (infrared) remote which works when you directly point the remote to roku and the other is Enhanced “point-anywhere” remote which works over a wireless network and does not matter from anywhere you point it.To ease this issue we will provide our readers with clarification over both the remotes. You just have to follow the guidelines below to resolve this issue.
- Fixing a Standard IR (infrared) remote -
- Fixing the signals - The standard IR remote works on infrared signals. So make sure that there is no obstacle while you are pointing towards the roku device. Make sure that there is no device in between while you point your remote towards
- Check the batteries - It might be possible that the AA batteries at the back of your remote are not working. In such scenario, you can either reset the batteries by removing them and then placing them back into the remote or change / replace the batteries if they are not working. Insert new batteries if they are not working in case of resetting.
- Fixing an Enhanced “point-anywhere” remote -
- Reboot your roku device and remote - If your enhanced remote is not working the first thing to do is remove the batteries and then restart your roku device by removing the power cable. After a few seconds plug back the power cable of roku. When the roku logo appears on the screen, place the batteries once again into the remote and check if it’s working.
- Press and hold - You can press and hold the pairing button on the back of your battery compartment for three seconds until it gives aparing sign by flashing light. Wait for a few more seconds prior to establish a connection with your Roku device, after which the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.
If none of these guidelines help you get rid of your issue, it’s time to either buy a new remote or install the roku controller app. If the remote is not working you can download the roku controller app on your mobile and manage your channels directly from your mobile app. It will guide you through your roku settings menu. This mobile app can be downloaded on both android/iOS devices. If the roku is responding to the app and no help can be gained from the solutions stated above, we are sure it is time you buy a new roku remote.